John Claassen serves as the go-to litigation counsel for scores of investors, entrepreneurs and companies in the Bay Area and throughout California. He routinely prosecutes and defends clients in a broad array of litigation and dispute resolution matters, including corporate and securities litigation, Anti-SLAPP litigation, debt defense, defamation, employment and wage and hour litigation, intellectual property litigation, and real property litigation. Over the course of his career, John Claassen has successfully served as lead counsel and strategic advisor in hundreds of matters.
As a successful business owner, John recognizes business needs and formulates efficient, cost effective litigation strategies that work within larger business objectives.
John studied law at Georgetown University Law Center where he served as Assistant Managing Editor of the Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics.
Prior to opening his own law firm in 2005, he worked at the world-class law firms Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich and Rosati and Skadden Arps. John lives in Lafayette, California with his wife, Teresa, and children. If you are interested in hearing more about John's experience, please call (510) 251-8010.
- 15 years of distinguished experience in civil litigation.
- Served as lead attorney on hundreds of matters.
- Superior results time after time.
- Georgetown University Law Center
- California, New York, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal, and various federal trial courts in California and New York.
- The EU Is Not Merely For The Sake Of Unity, Daily Journal (May 27, 2016),
- Broadly Construe Laws Requiring Openness, Daily Journal (Mar. 31, 2015)
- Protect the Value of Human Assets, San Francisco Daily Journal (Feb. 4, 2015)
- When Police Officer Immunity Goes Further Than Necessary, San Francisco Daily Journal (Dec. 9, 2014)
- It's Time To Modernize State and Federal Tax Codes, San Francisco Daily Journal (Oct. 20, 2014)